Hot Italian Sausage and Shrimp with Asiago Grits7 Reviews
“Classic shrimp and grits gets a little extra spice with the addition of hot Italian sausages.” - by The Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- For the Grits:
- In a medium saucepan, bring broth and milk to a gentle boil and slowly whisk in grits. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 12-15 minutes stirring frequently. While the grits are cooking prepare the sausage and shrimp.
- When the grits are done stir in the Asiago cheese. Keep them warm and continue to stir until ready to serve. (Grits cannot be made ahead of time.)
- For the Sausage and Shrimp:
- Cook coin sliced sausage in a 12" skillet over medium heat for about 10-12 minutes until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a bowl and reserve.
- Add olive oil to the hot skillet and cook the shrimp, turning until cooked through about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, red pepper, corn, green onions, garlic, seasoning and water and cook another 3-4 minutes. Add the cooked sausage and heat through.
- Spoon grits into individual bowls and top with sausage and shrimp mixture.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 681 cal
- 38.9 g
- 44.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"This is very good. Dad can not do spicy so I used Mild Italian Sausage and it worked great. Followed the recipe except for the sausage and everyone commented that they really liked it. The only chang..." See moree I will make next time is to add more cheese to the grits. They lacked just a little in flavor. Overall, a great dinner that we will enjoy again and again."
Mike Harvey, daPITA
"An excellent blend of flavors and textures. Upscale restaurant quality!..." See more"
Touchdown Italian Sausage Chili
Johnsonville Zesty Italian Sausage Pasta
Just swipe to see more like this.