Sausage Diavolo Pizza6 Reviews
“Hot Italian sausage, red peppers, and chili flakes make make this pizza spicy and flavorful.” - by The Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Position oven rack to center and preheat to 450 degrees F. Lightly oil a pizza pan and roll out crust, thin.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and saute sausage and red pepper flakes until browned. Remove from heat, drain fat, cool slightly and chop.
- Add garlic and onion to skillet and cook about five minutes until onion is soft.
- Add cherry tomatoes, canned tomatoes, wine and oregano. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer about 20 minutes, stirring when necessary, until cherry tomatoes are soft and sauce thickens. Add parsley and sausage back into skillet. Remove from heat.
- Top pizza crust with sausage mixture, grated cheeses and red pepper slices. Bake 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh herbs, cut and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 787 cal
- 45 g
- 44.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Only used 1 cup of wine & added tomato paste & extra oregano & basil to sauce. Baked crust for 5 minutes then brushed with olive oil & sprinkled with dried basil & oregano before topping with sauce &..." See more cheeses. Husband said best pizza he ever had! Will be making again & again!"
Creamy Pesto Gnocchi with Italian Sausage
Quattro Formaggi Pizza
Just swipe to see more like this.