Italian All Natural Ground Sausage Stuffing2 Reviews
“Sausage stuffing is the great side dish for so many meals.” - by The Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage in 1 tablespoon olive oil until no longer pink; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes and the remaining oil. Sprinkle with pepper; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until crisp and a lightly browned, stirring once. Remove pan to a wire rack to cool slightly.
- In a very large bowl, combine the bread cubes, reserved sausage, Parmesan cheese, green pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and garlic.
- Combine eggs and water; pour over bread mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a buttered 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until hot.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 1356 cal
- 71.1 g
- 122.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This is a drier stuffing than the family is used to but they gave it a thumbs up. Flavor abounds in this recipe. Stuck to the recipe, just lowered servings. It was easy to prepare, made the house smel..." See morel wonderful. Color and flavor was pleasing. I used a local focaccia bread with parmesan and I think it made the flavor just pop with the seasonings of the sausage."
"This is a delicious, flavorful, any purpose stuffing recipe. I made two slight changes and glad I did. First, we like traditional stuffing more on the dry side but this required a double amount of liq..." See moreuid. As written, it hardly moistened the toasted bread cubes. Second, I also used chicken stock and dried basil as fresh is not in season here. I'm usually leery of a manufacturer's recipe for their own product but I was happily surprised with this Johnsonville Sausage dish. I would definitely serve it again. Thanks Johnsonville!"
Italian Sausage Appetizer Bread
Johnsonville Italian All Natural Ground Sausage Stuffing
Just swipe to see more like this.