Spicy Cream of Asparagus Soup3 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“A very simple asparagus soup that adds a little kick to the standard recipe.” - by Scott M
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook and stir onion in butter until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth over onions and bring to a boil.
- Stir in asparagus and potato; cover and cook until asparagus spears are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Mix in jalapeno pepper.
- Pour the soup into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway full. Hold down the lid of the blender with a folded kitchen towel, and carefully start the blender, using a few quick pulses to get the soup moving before leaving it on to puree. Puree in batches until smooth and pour into a clean pot.
- Stir in heavy cream.
- Season with salt, black pepper and hot sauce.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 148 cal
- 7.3 g
- 18.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"This is a fantastic recipe..I love the slight hint of jalapeno. I made one minor change to the recipe, added some cilantro and it added a little bit more flavor and color to the soup! Thanks for the r..." See moreecipe."
"Mr. LTH really enjoyed this soup. I, too, enjoyed the flavor, but the texture was a bit off. There were strings and strings of asparagus that were less than appetizing. At the last minute, I realiz..." See moreed I had light cream, not heavy, so I used that instead. I followed the rest of the recipe as written. This is definately worth giving a try (the jalaps provide a nice kick!). THANKS for the recipe, Scott M!"
Cream of Fresh Asparagus Soup II
Guilt-Free Cream of Asparagus Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.