Brie's Very Vanilla Dog Treats3 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“The perfect little bite size treat for your adorable pet. This recipe, as well as other recipes for pet treats, can be stored for later enjoyment. Since they are baked quite hard, you can keep them in an airtight container for approximately 2 weeks” - by TheBritishBaker
Original recipe yields 75 bite-size treats
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets.
- Mix the whole wheat flour, cornmeal, rolled oats, and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Lightly mix the water, applesauce, and vanilla extract into the flour mixture.
- Stir the eggs and peanut butter into the mixture.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead until no longer sticky, about 1 minute.
- Roll out the dough to 1/4-inch thickness; cut into 75 small squares and arrange onto baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Turn the oven off and allow the treats to sit in the oven as it cools another 30 minutes.
- Remove the treats from the oven; allow the treats to cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I am the submitter of this recipe and have an extra tip that may be helpful ~ These dog biscuits require the use of Wheat flour which some dogs are sensitive to, if so its so easy to modify this recip..." See moree, simply substitute one cup of wheat flour for 1-1/4 cup of rye or oat flour or ¾ cup, rice, barley or potato flour.. ALSO if you are interested in baking your own dog biscuits I have some excellent tips in an AR blog that I have written."
"I have never baked any kind of dog treats before, so i thought i would make them for my 8 year old Bordie collie. It was the easiest recipe to make, I made them exactly as written. They rolled out so ..." See morenice and smooth, i wish some other recipes were so easy to make as these were. As for the taste, they must have been yummy as my dog quickly downed it. Instead of squares i made little round ones, they make a good size batch, i will freeze the rest to keep them fresh and thaw a few out when needed!!"
"Sadie and Sosa love these biscuits! The next time though I will roll them out a little thicker, the thinner ones got a little well done, but they still loved them. And maybe not bake them quite as l..." See moreong. Used a shot glass to cut them out, so they are the perfect bite sized treat. Gave some goodie bags out to family for their dogs and was told they were a huge hit!"
Dog Treats I
Flea Terminator Dog Treats
Just swipe to see more like this.