Eggplant Lasagna23 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“It is a delicious lasagna using eggplant instead of pasta.” - by GENKIANNA
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Oil two baking sheets with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Whisk eggs and water together in a shallow dish.
- Combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, salt, and ground black pepper in a separate shallow dish.
- Dip eggplant slices in egg mixture.
- Press slices into the crumbs and tap off excess. Arrange slices on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake eggplant slices in the preheated oven until tops are golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Flip eggplant and bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove eggplant from the oven and increase temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and stir in ground beef. Season beef with salt and ground black pepper.
- Cook and stir until beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain excess grease.
- Stir tomato sauce into ground beef; bring to a simmer and set sauce aside.
- Oil a 9x13 baking dish with olive oil.
- Place 1/3 of the eggplant slices on bottom of the dish.
- Pour 1/3 of tomato sauce with ground beef on top of eggplant layer.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of mozzarella cheese on top of sauce layer.
- Repeat 2 more times, finishing with a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 404 cal
- 20.6 g
- 30 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (23)Rate This Recipe
"This was so good I made my own seasoned bread crumbs and added garlic and onions to the ground beef...." See more"
"I will not change the ingredients but would recommend changing some of the portions. I gues it depend on the size of the eggplant though. My family love cheze. I ended up using about 2lbs of gr bef..." See more and about 6 cups of cheese all day. Turned out great!"
Jewish Eggplant Lasagna
Irresistible Eggplant Lasagna
Just swipe to see more like this.