CINfully Delicious Chocolate Cupcakes15 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“My favorite flatmate gave me a recipe for snickerdoodle cupcakes which I transformed into these chocolate cinnamon delights since I'm not a big fan of snickerdoodles. Garnish with cinnamon sugar or cocoa and enjoy!” - by lovestohost
Original recipe yields 2 dozen cupcakes
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Beat together the chocolate cake mix, 1 cup milk, eggs, 1/2 cup melted butter, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until moist. Beat for 2 more minutes on medium speed.
- Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full of batter.
- Sprinkle the cupcakes with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cream together 1/2 cup butter and shortening in a bowl until smooth.
- Stir in sea salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, cocoa powder, and 3 cups confectioners' sugar.
- Stir in milk.
- Mix in 2 more cups confectioners' sugar or as needed until desired consistency is achieved.
- Spread the frosting on the cooled cupcakes.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 320 cal
- 16.4 g
- 43 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"I made these before the recipe was officially published and am so happy to see them as a kitchen approved recipe! 10 star recipe! The cake has the perfect balance of cinnamon/chocolate and sprinkling ..." See morethe tops with cinnamon sugar before baking is genius. The frosting? To die for. I think I added a bit more cinnamon and cocoa than called for because I wasn't paying attention, but it's divine regardless. Thanks LTH!!!"
"These are fabulous! They are very light and fluffy in texture and the flavor is so well balanced with the chocolate and cinnamon. I did use heavy cream instead of the milk in the frosting since I li..." See moreke a more whipped texture. I will be making these again and again. Thanks LTH for another stunning cupcake!"
"WOW WOW!! THESE ARE SOOOO RICH & DECADENT! I MADE MINI CUPCAKES & AS WITH MOST RECIPES I GET FROM HERE, I TOOK THEM TO CHURCH POTLUCK. EVERYONE RAVED ABOUT THEM, EVEN MY PASTOR WHO ISN'T MUCH ON SW..." See moreEETS. I DIDN'T ADD ANY ADDITIONAL POWDERED SUGAR TO THE FROSTING AND PIPED IT USING A PASTRY BAG/TIP AND IT CAME OUT LIGHT AND FLUFFY, A MOUSSE LIKE TEXTURE. PERFECTION!!!! I GIVE THIS 5 * * * * * !!!!!"
Raspberry White Chocolate Buttercream Cupcakes
Easy Chocolate Cupcakes
Just swipe to see more like this.