Strawberry Sweetheart Cake1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“Dazzle your sweetie for Valentine's Day or any other day for that matter with this moist and easy treat!” - by CookinNurse
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease and flour a 9x9-inch square pan and a 9-inch round pan.
- Stir together the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs together in a bowl until smooth.
- Mix in the strawberry gelatin until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 2 prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Transfer the square cake onto a large platter.
- Cut the round cake in half, then arrange the cut side of the cake along two edges of the square cake to create a heart shape.
- Poke several holes on the top of the cake using the handle of a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake so that it runs into the holes; allow the milk to soak in.
- Spread the strawberry preserves on top of the cake.
- Fold the cream cheese frosting into the whipped topping in a bowl until just incorporated.
- Spread the frosting over the top and sides of the cake.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 491 cal
- 22 g
- 70.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I had my doubts while assembling the cake (which I did the day before) but I shouldn't have worried, the cake was delicious. I have already had requests for another one! Didn't change anything. Tha..." See morenk you for a great recipe."
Strawberry Cake II
Angel Food Cake and Strawberry Cream Roll
Just swipe to see more like this.