Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast24 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“French toast topped with glazed strawberries and stuffed with cheesecake. Soooo good and original. Perfect to impress at a brunch. Serve with mimosas for a fancier brunch-type setting, or just make it for a special Saturday morning breakfast for your family like I do. =)” - by Pamelabee
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat an oven to 100 degrees F ( 40 degrees C).
- Heat mashed strawberries and 1/2 cup white sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Mix cornstarch and water together in a bowl, then stir into the strawberries.
- Cook and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer while preparing remaining ingredients, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk together the milk and eggs in a bowl; set aside.
- Mash cream cheese, vanilla extract, and 3/4 cup white sugar in a bowl until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over a triangle-shaped piece of bread, and top with another piece. Repeat with remaining bread and cream cheese mixture to make 8 triangle-shaped sandwiches.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Dip the sandwiches into the egg mixture, 2 or 3 at a time, and place in the skillet.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer pan-fried sandwiches to a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven to keep warm while cooking remaining sandwiches.
- To serve, top French toast with warm strawberry glaze and sliced fresh strawberries and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 436 cal
- 21.1 g
- 52.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (24)Rate This Recipe
"Thanks for sharing this tasty recipe. I wanted to make something new for breakfast today...and this certainly hit the spot. The entire family loved this, and was easy to make. The only thing I changed..." See more was using my griddle for all the toast at a time, rather than 1 at a time in a skillet. A+++"
"This was really good, and not hard to make. I think the time estimate is pretty accurate. The cream cheese filling was grainy from the sugar, not smooth and creamy like I had expected, but it was stil..." See morel good. Definitely take the serving size seriously here! It is very rich and sweet, and I cannot imagine eating more than 1/8 of this recipe (one half sandwich)."
Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast
Overnight Blueberry French Toast
Just swipe to see more like this.