Chinese Sweet and Sour Chicken14 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“A sweet marinade that is just so easy to make! I use this recipe whenever we bring dinner to another couple's house. I marinate it at home, then just cook it there. It's great with white rice.” - by Traveling_Is_Love
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, cornstarch, cold water, ginger, garlic, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Add chicken breasts to marinade and stir to coat.
- Pour the marinade and chicken into a 9x9-inch square baking dish.
- Cover and marinate chicken in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Bake chicken in marinade until meat is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, about 40 minutes, turning midway through cooking.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 248 cal
- 1.4 g
- 29.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"Delicious - perfect balance of flavors. I scaled the recipe back and cut the chicken breasts into medallions; therefore I marinated the medallions for 45 minutes and baked it for 30 minutes at 325º. ..." See more I served the chicken medallions over mixed greens so I used the marinade that had cooked and thickened during the baking process as the salad dressing. I didn’t have fresh ginger so I substituted dried ginger and used cider vinegar. Perfect - can’t get any easier or tastier than this. Added note: I made this again cutting them into medallions only this time I grilled them on the grill with excellent results. It's a fast, easy and tasty dish."
"I made the marinade the day before and let the chicken sit in it over night. Then I just popped it in the oven to cook. Super easy, absolutely delicious! And, mine wasn't black (as happened to a pre..." See morevious reviewer) it cooked up beautifully! In fact, I'm having the leftovers for lunch right now!!"
Sweet and Sour Chicken Tenders
Chicken With Sweet and Sour Fig Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.