Lion's Den Lobster Fritters (Gluten Free)2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“Lobster, melted garlic butter, and shredded unsweetened coconut are this recipe's tasty ingredients. Our home in the Bahamas is called the Lion's Den and that is where this recipe was born. Hubby & I live on a small out-island in the Bahamas and it can be difficult to get gluten free items unless I bring them from the States. I have learned to make the things that I crave out of the ingredients I have on hand. Serve with your favorite dipping sauces or ketchup.” - by stanielcaysarah
Original recipe yields 24 fritters
- Heat oil in a large pot or deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
- Combine gluten free pancake mix, onions, celery, coconut, gluten free crackers, lobster meat, seafood seasoning, baking powder, salt, and ground black pepper in a bowl.
- Combine eggs, evaporated milk, and butter in a separate bowl.
- Stir egg mixture into dry mixture to form a batter.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoons into hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Remove and drain fritters on a rack.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 444 cal
- 28.1 g
- 38.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I just made these firtters because I had a leftover lobster tail, 4 claws and body"meat". I must say, they are quite tasty and finding this lovely gluten-free recipe was a bonus for me! I did use th..." See moree extra lobster meat mentioned above because I didn't want the fritters to be too "bready". I followed the recipe ingredients very closely other than not adding salt; next time I'm going to add finely chopped sweet red pepper. I crushed the GF crackers in my small food processor so that they were very fine. I used my deep iron frying pan and didn't need a quart of oil - just poured in about 1 inch. Just tasted one so I could write this review - delish! Even without sauce, although I'll whip up something to serve it with later. I plan on freezing some as this recipe made about 34 nice sized fritters. Thanks for a great GF gourmet fritter!"
Just swipe to see more like this.