Joe's Fusion Chicken Pad Thai16 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“My girlfriend and I were craving pad Thai! So we looked at a few recipes and made our version. It is not exactly traditional pad Thai, so -- lo and behold -- the name!” - by Bon Appetito
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper; set aside.
- Whisk sugar, cayenne pepper, white wine vinegar, fish sauce, and peanut butter together in a bowl.
- Coat the inside of a large skillet or wok with olive oil and place over high heat.
- Cook and stir chicken in the hot oil just until the meat is white outside but still pink inside, about 3 minutes.
- Remove chicken and set aside in a bowl.
- Lower the heat under the skillet to medium-low. Cook and stir garlic in the skillet until it becomes translucent, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cook and stir eggs into garlic until loosely cooked, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour peanut sauce into the garlic and eggs, and stir to combine. Bring sauce to a simmer.
- Stir rice noodles into the boiling water. Cook until noodles are still slightly tough, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the noodles.
- Return chicken to the skillet with eggs and sauce. Simmer until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, stirring frequently, 5 to 8 more minutes.
- Stir bean sprouts, rice noodles. and beef broth into the skillet. Bring to a simmer, and cook until noodles are tender and most of the broth has been absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with green onions to serve..
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 585 cal
- 11.3 g
- 89.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"This had a very nice taste, but was very time consuming...." See more"
"Although probably not very authentic, it had a great flavor! Be careful not to overcook the rice noodles or they become mushy. I also added cilantro, and sprinkled it with lime juice before serving. I..." See moret would also benefit from some crushed peanuts on top and shrimp stirred through."
Thai Ginger Chicken (Gai Pad King)
Just swipe to see more like this.