Chef John's Chicken Cacciatore38 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“This simple Italian dish is packed with chicken, peppers, mushrooms and herbs for a satisfying one pot meal.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add chicken and cook until browned on the outside. Remove to a bowl to capture the juices.
- Stir in onions and mushrooms; cook for 5-6 minutes until soft. Add a big pinch of salt and pepper. Stir in garlic, rosemary, red pepper flakes, oregano, tomato sauce, and water.
- Place chicken pieces and any juices that have accumulated in the bowl on top of the cooked vegetables. Add more salt and pepper. Place pepper slices on top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook in the preheated oven for 1 hour 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 513 cal
- 29.1 g
- 11.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (38)Rate This Recipe
"I will usually never try a recipe unless there are pages of reviews but I was in the mood for this dish so I decided to go for it. I was NOT disappointed! The only thing I will change next time is to ..." See morespice it up A bit. Maybe season the chicken with some adobo before browning and add a bit more salt and pepper to the sauce. It wasn't bland but It was "mild". If you are like me and need tons of flavor then add some extra spices otherwise the dish is delicious as is."
"excellent and really easy i only like breast so i used breasts halved and i have made variations in this dish added some cherry tomatoes , to nights has carrots..." See more"
"Very good! Used my homemade sauce. I always make a big batch & freeze it in 2 cup batches so I'm always ready when I get the urge to cook. I too spiced it up a little more. Had 2 zucchini that wer..." See moree just about ready for zucchini heaven so I threw them in too slced of course. I have a new electric pressure cooker so next time I'll make this in my P.C. and let you all know how it turns out."
Chef John's Caramel Chicken
Simple Chicken Cacciatore
Just swipe to see more like this.