Raisin Whiskey Steak5 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 25 min
“A quick and easy steak recipe that doesn't require an expensive cut of meat to taste good. Goes well with couscous.” - by moz
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place raisins, whiskey, and brown sugar into a resealable plastic bag.
- Place steaks into the bag, coat with marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 10 to 30 minutes.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Transfer steaks and marinade to the hot skillet.
- Remove raisins from the skillet with a slotted spoon once they have plumped, about 5 minutes; set aside.
- Cook steaks until they are beginning to firm and are hot and slightly pink in the center, 5 to 8 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 140 degrees F (60 degrees C).
- Serve the steaks with the raisins.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 339 cal
- 11 g
- 21 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"MOZ, YOU WERE RIGHT ON THE MONEY WITH YOUR 5-STAR SELF RATING! MY FAMILY LOVED THIS AND I WILL DEFINITELY MAKE IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. MY TWEAKS: I USED A KENTUCKY SMALL BATCH WHISKEY, BUFFALO TRACE ( ..." See moreMY HUSBAND'S FAVE). I INCREASED THE WHISKEY TO 3 OZ B/C MY RAISINS WERE VERY DRIED OUT AND NEEDED THE EXTRA MOISTURE. I USED DARK BROWN SUGAR B/C THAT'S ALL I HAD. I COOKED THE STEAKS FOR 4 MINUTES ON EACH SIDE FOR MEDIUM RARE, AND DEGLAZED THE PAN WITH SOME CHARDONNAY WINE TO MAKE IT EASIER TO POUR OVER THE STEAK. I SERVED IT WITH SAUTEED MUSHROOMS AND THE RAISINS TO RAVE REVIEWS!"
"Exactly as promised quick and easy,full of flavor. My husband loved the raisins...." See more"
"Excellent Flavor! I used a beef loin tip steak and it turned out great. I doubled the marinade, then reduced it once the steaks were done. Added the raisins to the marinade reduction, served over top ..." See morethe steaks and mixed remaining into brown rice. The reduced sauce mixed and tasted great with the rice. Would like to try with chicken and port also. Will definitely make again."
Beer and Brown Sugar Steak Marinade
Happy Camping Steak Tips
Just swipe to see more like this.