Fresh Strawberry Cheesecake Pie9 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 30 min
“This was a recipe from a friend of my mom's and the only strawberry pie I've ever made. There is nothing better than freshly picked strawberries in the summer on this pie.” - by Michelle
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bake pie crust until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and turn oven temperature down to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat cream cheese, eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a bowl until smoothly combined.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Bake until filling is set, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Whisk together 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, water, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and strawberry gelatin in a saucepan until smooth; place over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring constantly, until the gelatin has dissolved and the glaze has thickened, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Arrange the sliced strawberries atop the cheese filling.
- Pour warm glaze over sliced strawberries. Chill thoroughly in refrigerator before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 369 cal
- 18.7 g
- 46.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"I didn't have strawberry gelatin so used rasberry instead. It was still wonderful. I will definety make it again...." See more"
"This pie is FABULOUS! I made my own crust. You only need 2 cups of the sliced berries for it to be perfect! Thank You for sharing!..." See more"
"I have been making this for YEARS and it is always wonderful. You can substitute the strawberries for peaches or raspberries or blackberries or blueberries or a mixture of any of these and change to ..." See morethe appropriate gelatin depending on what is in season. You can even use canned fruit (think mandarin oranges or pineapple). If you need it sugar free for a diabetic, splenda works very well, as does sugar free gelatin, but be careful measuring it because there is less of it (takes about half a package for one pie). I have even made it once with chopped cranberries sweetened with splenda in place of the berries and a bit of grated orange peel in the cheesecake part for a Thanksgiving or Christmas dessert... Splenda can make it sugar free quite well! It's very versatile and no one ever believes it is so easy to make. Use a graham cracker crust if you MUST, but a real deep dish pie crust is best! YUMMY!!!"
Fresh Strawberry Pie I
Rock Creek Lake Fresh Strawberry Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.