Sweet Lady Dane Strawberry Pie1 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 40 min
“Super-duper strawberry pie!” - by Lady
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch pie
- Mash 3 cups sliced strawberries with 1 cup sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring mashed strawberry mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Mix cornstarch with water in a small bowl and pour into mashed strawberries; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Bring strawberry mixture back to a simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Bring half-and-half to a boil in a saucepan; remove from heat.
- Beat egg and egg yolk with an electric mixer in a bowl until frothy; gradually mix in 3/4 cup of sugar, then beat until the egg mixture is thick, pale yellow, and forms a ribbon when beater is lifted out of the bowl, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in flour until smooth.
- Very slowly pour hot half-and-half into the egg mixture in a thin stream of droplets, beating continuously.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the custard thickens. Reduce heat to medium-low; continue cooking while stirring with a wooden spoon until flour is cooked, 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Remove custard from heat, and stir in butter and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Spread custard in an even layer over the bottom of graham cracker crust.
- Pour mashed strawberry mixture over 2 cups of sliced strawberries in a bowl; stir to combine. Top the custard with the strawberry mixture.
- Chill at least 3 hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 477 cal
- 16.8 g
- 79.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Great combination of my favorites--in-season strawberries, custard, and graham cracker crust. I used a vanilla bean for the custard, but otherwise stuck to the recipe...." See more"
Strawberry Pie II
Old Fashioned Strawberry Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.