Citrus Chicken Stir Fry8 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Chicken stir fry has a light orange flavor. Quick, easy, and so good.” - by cookied
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Stir in whole-wheat noodles and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through but is firm to the bite, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- Combine chicken stock, orange marmalade, tamari sauce, whole ginger root piece, and ground black pepper in a pot over medium-high heat.
- Bring sauce to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Simmer until sauce reduces and thickens; about 20 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat. Stir in lemon juice and set aside.
- Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir chicken in hot oil until golden, no longer pink in the center, and the juices run clear, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside, leaving oil in the pan.
- Cook and stir the stir-fry vegetables in the same skillet used for the chicken until vegetables are almost tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove ginger root piece from sauce and discard.
- Stir chicken and sauce into vegetables and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve over whole-wheat noodles.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 849 cal
- 17.5 g
- 112.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"Very good. I used soy sauce instead of tamari, and I minced the ginger (discard it? No way !)...." See more"
"This was amazing thank you! The sauce was the best. I used fresh vegetables and did not have the noodles so served with basmati rice...." See more"
"This recipe is named appropriately. Without telling my wife the kind of stir-fry I had prepared, she commented about the citrus-like flavor. The flavor is rich without being too overwhelming. I enjoye..." See mored the richness of the tamari sauce. I thought I had peanut oil when I started but did not, so I used sesame oil to brown the chicken. I also lightly drizzled some sesame oil on the pasta too, which my wife also enjoyed. All in all, a nice stir-fry recipe when you don't want the same, bland stir-fry."
Myra's Basil Chicken Stir Fry
Orange Chicken Stir Fry
Just swipe to see more like this.