Brie's Banana and Honey Dog Treats12 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“Delicious banana and honey dog treats; your little doggy will know you love them when you bake them these special treats.” - by TheBritishBaker
Original recipe yields 7 dozen dog treats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets.
- Combine water, mashed bananas, honey, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl.
- Stir in whole-wheat flour and baking powder.
- Beat dough with an electric mixer on medium speed until ingredients are thoroughly combined, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead until no longer sticky, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness and cut into mini shapes with your favorite cookie cutter.
- Place dough shapes on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven until cookies are lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave cookies until thoroughly dry and crisp, 30 to 40 more minutes.
- Remove baking sheets from oven and allow cookies to cool on pans for 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire rack to fully cool.
Amount Per Serving (72 total)
- 31 cal
- 0.2 g
- < 1%
- 6.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"I am the original submitter of this recipe. THE RECIPE WAS SUBMITTED WITH USE ONE CUP OF WATER, ADDING A LITTLE MORE AT A TIME AS NEEDED ~ These dog biscuits require the use of Wheat flour which some..." See more dogs are sensitive to, if so its so easy to modify this recipe, simply substitute one cup of wheat flour for 1-1/4 cup of rye or oat flour or ¾ cup, rice, barley or potato flour."
"I made these today and my puppy loves them! I didn't roll mine out rather I dropped them like bisquits. What a hit!!..." See more"
"They must taste really good because my dog loves them, however, the dough was super sticky and I never did get it to the point of being able to roll it like cookie dough. I even added more flour.I jus..." See moret had to drop the dough on the cookie sheet and press each one down to make them somewhat flat. Also, they didn't get as hard as the recipe noted.- I followed the recipe exactly."
Dog Treats I
Flea Terminator Dog Treats
Just swipe to see more like this.