Very Dairy Strawberry Shortcake Dip1 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“This yummy dip recipe got its name because it includes four different kinds of dairy products! It is best served with mini strawberry shortcake skewers.” - by geranium
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Beat heavy cream in a large bowl with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Cream together cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, milk, and 1 1/2 teaspoon strawberry jam in a separate large bowl.
- Fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, white sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut in shortening with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Beat together egg yolk and buttermilk in a small bowl, then stir into the flour mixture until moistened.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for five or six turns. Pat or roll the dough out into a 1/2 inch thick round.
- Cut dough out with a 1-inch biscuit cutter and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cool on the sheet for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut the cooled biscuits in half .
- Skewer half a biscuit on a toothpick, followed by a strawberry slice and another biscuit half.
- Swirl 1 tablespoon strawberry jam decoratively into the chilled dip and serve with the strawberry shortcake skewers.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 531 cal
- 33.3 g
- 51.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Fun way to serve strawberry shortcake, although it would be a pretty big bite for kids, but 2 bites would work. My cutter was 1-1/2" (smallest I had), so not that much bigger than the 1" called for ..." See morein the recipe. I used reduced fat cream cheese, but the next time I make these, I'm going to try light Cool Whip instead of heavy whipping cream to try to get the nutritional breakdown a little healthier. I did add a couple drops of red food coloring to give the dip some eye appeal. Would make a pretty dessert plate for a dinner or a buffet table, and it all can be made in advance...yay!"
Buttermilk Strawberry Shortcake
Chocolate Chip Strawberry Shortcake
Just swipe to see more like this.