Spicy Tahini Sauce with Kale, Sea Vegetables, and Soba Noodles2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“This vegan recipe was invented on a day that I wanted to use up the arame seaweed and tahini. My adventurous combination turned out completely delicious. Spicy with satisfying nutty flavor.” - by Spiderwoman77
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Blend tahini, rice vinegar, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons olive oil, chile-garlic sauce, turmeric, and 2 tablespoons water together in a large bowl with a fork. Add water as needed to get the dressing to a hummus-like consistency; set aside.
- Soak arame seaweed in a pot of lukewarm water for 10 minutes. Place the pot over medium heat and bring the water to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer the seaweed for 10 minutes. Drain the seaweed.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook soba noodles at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Drain the noodles; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir garlic in the olive oil until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir ginger and drained seaweed with the garlic; cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Add kale to the skillet; cook and stir until the kale is coated slightly, about 1 minute more. Reduce heat to low, place a cover on the skillet, and simmer together until the kale wilts, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Toss the drained soba noodles in the tahini sauce until coated. Fold the drained seaweed and the kale mixture into the noodles and sauce to serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 641 cal
- 39.7 g
- 63.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I thought the bones were here, but it missed a little in the way of texture. I added shredded carrots, toasted sesame seeds, red cabbage, fresh cilantro, and a hint of fresh lemon juice. All the color..." See mores made it beautiful as well ;)"
Chicken and Kale in Parmesan Cream Sauce
Kale Cakes with Sweet Hot Peppers
Just swipe to see more like this.