Easy Homemade Pizza Dough16 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 18 hr 35 min
“This pizza dough produces a very nice pizza crust--flavorful, tender, with just the right amount of chewiness.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Stir whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, yeast, salt, sugar, olive oil, and warm water with a spatula until formed into a sticky ball of dough that pulls away from sides of a large bowl, about 3-4 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with a light cloth or plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place (80 to 95 degrees F (27 to 35 degrees C)) for 18 hours, until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 550 degrees F (280 degrees C). Sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and sprinkle with more flour. Form the dough into a rectangle, and cut it into four equal parts. Shape each piece into a ball, stretching and tucking the dough to create a smooth surface, adding more flour if needed. Cover the dough balls with a towel and let rest for 15 minutes.
- To shape the dough, sprinkle the surface with flour and lightly pat flat. Use a rolling pin to form a thin disk about 9 inches in diameter.
- Transfer the formed crust to the prepared baking sheet and top as desired. Bake on the bottom rack for 4 minutes, move to the middle rack and bake for 5-6 minutes more minutes, until the bottom is crispy and the top is lightly browned. Move to cooling rack to cool slightly before serving.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 485 cal
- 8 g
- 89.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"okay, I just watched the video of chef john making this but I swear he just used 16oz of flour to make 4 pizzas. This calls for 4 cups or 32 oz of flour and says it makes 4 pizzas so I'm confused. I..." See more will make it tomorrow then come back and update my review after I figure out what the hey is going on."
"This dough is pretty good but it really needs more like 3 1/2 cups flour. If you watch the video Chef John weighs the flour - 16 oz - which equates to closer to 3 1/2 cups rather than 3 cups. I made..." See more the dough the night before - let it sit until the next afternoon - I made pizza for the kids when they came home from school. They love pizza and this was no exception."
Bread Machine Pizza Dough
Pizza Dough I
Just swipe to see more like this.