Easy Broccoli Salad30 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 5 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“This simple broccoli salad kicks up ordinary broccoli with some lemon and red pepper flakes.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Trim bottoms of broccoli stems and cut off broccoli heads; cut the broccoli heads into quarters. Peel broccoli stems and cut into quarters crosswise.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; reduce heat to medium and cook broccoli until tender when cut with a paring knife but still slightly firm, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer broccoli to a large bowl filled with cold water and chill to stop the cooking process. Drain well. Arrange broccoli in a colander with the florets facing down towards the holes of the colander and allow broccoli to drip for at least 30 minutes.
- Whisk together garlic, lemon juice, rice vinegar, Dijon mustard, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper together in a large serving bowl. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking rapidly until the dressing is thick and creamy. Adjust salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes to taste.
- Toss broccoli with the dressing; let stand 5 to 10 minutes to marinate, then toss again. Can be refrigerated up to an hour if you want to serve the salad cold.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 223 cal
- 18.6 g
- 12.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (30)Rate This Recipe
"Great, simple recipe! I had a package with both broccoli and cauliflower combined, so I added both to this recipe, and it was delicious. I also added a bit of sweet to the vinegarette to balance the f..." See morelavor a bit (agave syrup). I wanted to also comment on Chef John's video presentation. He has a wonderful down-to-earth way about him and I picked up a lot of good tips about broccoli preparation in general from this video. Thanks for the recipe, Chef John!"
"This was fantastic! Cut the olive oil in half because I thought it might be too oily. It was great like that. It's a definite keeper for us. 3 of us ate it all up it was so delicious with a little bit..." See more left for hubby's lunch tomorrow. Follow Chef John's video. I just have to add to my review: we have made this several times since my last rating and I LOVE this stuff!! I follow the video exactly for cutting it and putting it in cold water to stop the cooking. I do cut the oil though, because it would be way too oily if we did not. When I make it now I have to make extra we love it so much. I have never been a fan of broccoli in the past and do not really care for it raw. But I have become a fan of broccoli because of this recipe. It is simple to make and the red pepper flakes give it a nice appearance and pizzazz if making it for company."
Delicious Broccoli Cranberry Salad
Sesame Broccoli Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.