Garlic Asparagus Soup3 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“This is a light, refreshing soup. It can serve 2 as a main course or 4 as a side dish.” - by gonefishn
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook and stir garlic and green onions in saucepan until garlic is just golden, about 3 minutes.
- Cook and stir asparagus with garlic and green onions until slightly softened, about 2 more minutes.
- Pour in vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until asparagus is tender, about 10 minutes. Turn off heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour soup into blender, filling no more than halfway full. Cover with a lid. Carefully start the blender, using a few quick pulses to get soup moving before leaving it on to puree. Puree in batches until smooth.
- Transfer soup back to saucepan and reheat. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 101 cal
- 4.1 g
- 13.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I'm an Asparagus lover, so decided to try this. I didn't have fresh Asparagus nor green onions, but used dehydrated Asparagus and dehydrated onions. I rehydrated each in boiling water for 30 minutes a..." See morend proceeded with the recipe as written. For part of the vegetable broth, I used the water that I had rehydrated the Asparagus in. Our guests and we found it to be very good and they took what little was left over home with them. Thanks for an unusual but very good soup."
Fresh Asparagus Soup
Guilt-Free Cream of Asparagus Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.