Carol's Cinnamon Waffles37 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“If you like those cinnamon waffles from the frozen food department of the grocery store, you'll love these! I developed this recipe because I don't care for syrup. Most waffles need the sweetness of syrup to make them special. These waffles are yummy just as they are; no syrup necessary! Whipped cream and fruit are a great addition if you want to go all out or just add butter and powder sugar to the top. These may brown quicker than standard waffles because of the sugar in them, so test the first one and adjust the time. I have also added 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed; you can't taste a difference. Enjoy!” - by CAROLC80
Original recipe yields 18 small square waffles
- Whisk flour, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl until no lumps remain.
- Pour milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract into the flour mixture; stir until just combined.
- Beat egg whites until foamy in a large glass or metal mixing bowl until soft peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites will form soft mounds rather than a sharp peak.
- Fold the the beaten egg whites into the batter.
- Preheat a waffle iron and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour batter onto waffle iron in batches and cook until crisp and golden brown, about 2 minutes; repeat until all batter is used.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 154 cal
- 6.7 g
- 21.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (37)Rate This Recipe
"I used "soured" milk in this recipe--that was the only change I made. One of the best waffle recipes I've ever used, cooking-wise, and one of the best waffle recipes we as a family ever have eaten. Th..." See moree submitter is right, you don't need syrup for this waffle. Butter was really all the embellishment it needed. NOTE: I did burn my first couple waffles and what I figured was that the sugar content in the waffles made them easier to scorch. Once I figured it out, I just was careful to watch them a little closer."
"By the way, when I make these waffles my family demands I make the Chocolate Cream Pudding by Mimi with the leftover egg yolks...." See more"
Great Easy Waffles
Just swipe to see more like this.