Andouille Sausage and Corn Chowder5 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“This is a slightly spicy, smoky, hearty corn chowder. The recipe was given to me by a dear friend many years ago and the original source is unknown. I have adapted it to suit my family's tastes. If you prefer a thicker chowder, you can stir in a can of creamed corn. Serve this with cornbread or a crusty French loaf for a lovely meal, enjoy!” - by Wyattdogster
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion, celery, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper in the hot oil until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir garlic, cayenne pepper, and diced andouille sausage into the onion mixture; continue to cook and stir until the sausage is hot, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Fold corn kernels and bay leaves into the sausage mixture; season with thyme. Allow the mixture to simmer until the corn is warmed, about 1 minute.
- Pour chicken broth into the pot; bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook at a simmer, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Stir potatoes and heavy cream to the pot, place a cover on the pot, and continue cooking at a simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Season the chowder with salt and black pepper.
- Remove and discard the bay leaves.
- Garnish with cilantro to serve.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 439 cal
- 31.7 g
- 28.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"This was fantastic. I followed recipe almost exactly except used red potatoes and about half the thyme. I also threw in a few slices of turkey bacon and used chicken andouille sausage as a lighter alt..." See moreernative. This had a great spicy flavor and was a hit with the hubby."
"Really too much thyme, for our taste. Next time, will only use 1/4 tsp. But I WILL make it again! Very spicy-good. Dropped corn muffin in just before serving...." See more"
Sheryl's Corn and Crab Chowder
Quick Spicy Sausage Corn Chowder
Just swipe to see more like this.