Zesty Pickled Brussels Sprouts3 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 21 day 40 min
“Pickled Brussels sprouts that stay crunchy and are slightly spicy.” - by pelicangal
Original recipe yields 5 pints
- Soak Brussels sprouts in a large bowl filled with lightly salted water for about 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes.
- Divide the drained Brussels sprouts evenly between jars, filling the jars about 3/4-inch from the top.
- Place 1 garlic clove and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes in each jar.
- Bring vinegar, water, and pickling salt to a boil in a large pot over medium-high heat until the salt is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the vinegar mixture into the jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top.
- Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles.
- Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids, and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot, and fill stockpot halfway with water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then carefully lower the jars into the pot using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary, until the water level is at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a full boil, cover the pot, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool.
- Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area, and wait at least 3 weeks before opening.
Amount Per Serving (40 total)
- 11 cal
- < 1%
- 0.1 g
- < 1%
- 2.2 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Just made these today and can't wait to try them! They were very simple to make...I halved the recipe and got 3 half-pint jars out of it (had extra liquid left over, but that was no big deal). Will be..." See more back in 3 weeks to update...I'm so excited, lol! :)"
"This was a good starter recipe. I added dill and pickling spice. I also added a habenaro on some jars for a little kick for Bloody Marys! Thanks for recipe!..." See more"
"What an excellent recipe, I replaced the pepper flakes with fresh minced hot peppers for the garden. Also added ground bell pepper, onion and garlic too. Essentially I ground everything up, put 2 tbs ..." See moreof mixture in bottom of quart jars, filled with sprouts and finally added hot brine."
Quick Pickled Jalapeno Rings
Baked Chicken & Brussels Sprouts
Just swipe to see more like this.