Penne Rosa with Parmesan Crusted Chicken33 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Penne pasta in a red pepper-flecked tomato cream sauce tossed with mushrooms, spinach, and topped with Parmesan chicken. I also serve with a fresh Caesar salad.” - by MandaGreens
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place 2 cups Parmesan cheese into a shallow bowl.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in penne and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through but is still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Dip chicken breasts into the beaten egg whites.
- Press chicken into Parmesan cheese in shallow bowl to coat both sides.
- Gently toss between your hands so any cheese that hasn't stuck can fall away. Place the chicken on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake chicken breasts in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 18 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Meanwhile, heat Alfredo sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and red pepper flakes in a large saucepan over low heat. Allow to simmer while you finish the remaining steps.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat; cook and stir mushrooms and spinach until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir vegetables into the sauce.
- Place the penne pasta into a serving bowl; slice chicken breasts and arrange over the pasta.
- Pour sauce over the pasta and chicken, and sprinkle remaining 1 cup Parmesan cheese on top.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 1024 cal
- 59.6 g
- 73.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (33)Rate This Recipe
"Great tasting and easy dinner. I use regular spaghetti sauce and add cream, rather than use jarred Alfredo. Also I use chicken cutlets to make them nice and thin. Definitely a keeper!..." See more"
"This was a quick and easy dish. My kids loved it! I omitted mushrooms because we dont like them. It is great family meal as well as a dish you can serve to guests!..." See more"
"This was absolutely delicious!! It tasted like something you would order at Olive Garden! I only made a few tweaks to the recipe. I lightly seasoned the chicken with Accent and seasoning salt before d..." See moreipping it in the egg batter. Also, for the two jars of alfredo sauce, I used one classic and one roasted garlic. I also added italian seasoning to the sauce mixture. The changes I made were small but overall this is a very tasty dish."
Chicken Penne Italiano
Just swipe to see more like this.