Mom's Halibut Enchiladas2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“My mom from Alaska brings us delicious fresh halibut several times a year, and this is my favorite recipe for using it. It's rich, creamy, and wonderful!” - by Michelle
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place halibut in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with seafood seasoning and lemon juice. Dot halibut with butter slices.
- Bake in the preheated oven until fish flakes easily with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and cool halibut slightly. Flake into bite sized pieces in the baking dish.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and cream cheese in a large bowl.
- Carefully stir in flaked halibut, diced green chiles, green onions, parsley, salt, and black pepper.
- Spoon filling onto tortillas in a line down the center, and roll them around the filling into a cylinder shape.
- Grease a 9x15 inch baking dish.
- Place rolled tortillas seam sides down in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour heavy cream over rolled tortillas, using as much as needed to cover.
- Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is browned and bubbling, about 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 807 cal
- 58.1 g
- 33.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I live in Alaska and have halibut in the freezer. After I came home from my husband's company pot luck where someone had brought Halibut Enchiladas, I had to make some for myself. Found this recipe ..." See moreon Allrecipes.com. Very good and very close to the taste I was looking for. In the future I will lighten it up a bit with reduced fat sour cream and cream cheese."
Savory Halibut Enchiladas
Just swipe to see more like this.