Asparagus Chicken Quiche8 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“This tasty quiche is the perfect way to use up leftover chicken and provides plenty of fresh veggies to make it an easy one-dish meal. Chopped fresh tomatoes sprinkled over the top add just the right zing.” - by dhyana
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch quiche
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan, and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Cover pan and bring the water to a boil. Place 1 pound of asparagus into the steamer insert, cover, and steam until just tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain asparagus and set aside.
- Beat eggs, half-and-half, parsley, salt, white pepper, and green hot sauce in a bowl until smooth.
- Stir together cooked chicken, Swiss cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, mushrooms, and green onions in a bowl; mix in flour.
- Line a 9-inch pie dish with pie crust.
- Spread about half of the cooked asparagus over the bottom of the crust.
- Spread about half of the chicken mixture over the asparagus.
- Repeat layers of asparagus and chicken mixture.
- Gently pour the egg mixture over the layers.
- Arrange 3 asparagus spears decoratively on top of the quiche.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the filling is slightly puffed and lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center of the quiche comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle quiche with cherry tomatoes, if desired.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 418 cal
- 26.4 g
- 21.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"Slight modifications - did not have exact cheeses so used cheddar jack in place of Monterrey jack and provolone in place of Swiss. Turned out great!..." See more"
"Thank's for sharing !!! I had to leave out the hot sauce .( it doesn't like me !) I alway's peel my stem's so I do not get all that string from the stem's. We All Loved IT!!! I am going to make it ov..." See moreer and over !! My friend's asked how I made it !! So, of course I told them !! I have two Chicken's, and grow my own herb's . KUDOS!!!!!"
Cheesy Chicken Asparagus Casserole
Salmon and Asparagus Quiche
Just swipe to see more like this.