Cheesy Asparagus Chicken1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Came up with this one night a few years ago when I was trying to come up with something new for dinner. My husband discovered that asparagus wasn't so bad with this meal.” - by PlayingInTheKitchen
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place chicken breasts on the baking sheet and sprinkle with 3/4 of the ranch dressing packet.
- Bake chicken in the preheated oven until lightly browned and the juices run clear, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Remove from oven and spoon Cheddar cheese soup over the chicken breasts. Sprinkle with remaining ranch dressing mix.
- Place asparagus spears on the chicken breasts.
- Top each chicken breast with a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Return chicken to oven and bake until the asparagus is slightly tender and the cheese is hot, about 15 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 310 cal
- 12.8 g
- 11.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"This was ok. I didn't find the chicken to have enough flavor. I was surprised the ranch packet didn't add more flavor. I think it might be helpful to rub the seasoning on the chicken in advance to rea..." See morelly let the flavors combine. I also think cooking chicken breasts for 45 minutes is way too long. I initially cooked the chicken for 20 minutes, so it was still underdone. I then added the cheese soup, asparagus and Swiss and put it back in the oven for another 15 minutes. Total cook time of 35 minutes. It was cooked perfectly at that point and juicy. I also had to turn up the temperature on the oven in the last 5 minutes to get the asparagus cooked and the cheese bubbling. I did like that the chicken and asparagus were cooked together, so when you're pressed for time, that is helpful."
Chicken Asparagus Roll-Ups
Cheesy Chicken and Pineapple
Just swipe to see more like this.