Asparagus and Mushroom Casserole4 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“A fresh twist on the holiday casserole my mom always made.” - by hembrees
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Cover pan and bring the water to a boil. Add asparagus, cover, and steam until just tender, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet; cook and stir mushrooms and onion until the mushrooms have given off their liquid, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in the asparagus, tossing vegetables just until hot. Remove from heat.
- Mix saltine cracker crumbs, sharp Cheddar cheese, and black pepper together in a bowl; spread half the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Spoon the asparagus mixture over the crumb mixture.
- Whisk the cream of mushroom soup and milk together in a bowl until smooth, and pour the soup mixture over the asparagus mixture.
- Spread the remaining crumb-cheese mixture over the casserole and sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the casserole is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 336 cal
- 21.2 g
- 27 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I made this for 20 guys at our Spring Turkey hunt and they loved it. I did take the onions and the peacans out because some of the girley man wont eat onions. I already passed it along to two of the g..." See moreuys EXCELLENT"
"I will make this one again! I added some cooked chicken meat for a complete meal. And had no leftovers!..." See more"
My Asparagus Casserole
Bo's Asparagus Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.