Cheesy Chicken Asparagus Casserole3 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“This easy-to-make casserole was a hit at my house! I used leftovers for part of it, which is always a plus, and it all went together so well. As for the pasta, we had a mix of cooked bow ties, elbows and spirals and they worked great! My 16-month-old daughter loved it, and the leftovers reheated beautifully the next day. Hope you like it as much as we did!” - by Jessica
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in bow tie pasta and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender but still slightly firm, about 12 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- Place asparagus into a large skillet with about 1 inch of water. Place over medium heat, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Cover skillet and cook until asparagus pieces are bright green and tender, about 8 minutes; drain well and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk cream of asparagus soup with milk in a bowl until smooth.
- Spread the cooked bow tie pasta over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Pour about 1/4 of the soup mixture over the pasta, stirring gently to coat pasta with soup.
- Lay chicken breast slices over pasta.
- Spread the asparagus over the chicken slices.
- Pour remaining soup mixture evenly over the casserole, being sure it soaks through to the bottom of the dish. Top casserole with shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the casserole is hot and the cheese topping is browned and bubbling, about 35 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 371 cal
- 17.1 g
- 33.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"This is a good 'foundation' recipe, easy and delicious. I substituted cream of mushroom soup for asparagus and added some lightly sauteed fresh mushrooms to add taste and interest. Top with chopped ..." See morebrowned almonds or crushed potato chips if you want to be really retro."
"This was a hit in our house! I did the same as the other reviewer - substituted cream of mushroom soup (had on hand), plus added sauteed mushrooms. Also used whole wheat spiral pasta instead of white..." See more. It turned out great. Hubby had 3 servings!"
Asparagus Chicken Quiche
Cheesy California Chicken Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.