My Husband's Pad Thai Noodles12 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“I'm not going to lie and say this is authentic Thai noodles, but I've come up with my own version that my husband really, really likes. Feel free to use whatever vegetables or meat. I think the sauce is what made my husband like it so much. It's spicy!” - by SHARONLIN
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Turn off heat and drop in rice noodles. Allow them to soften, about 10 minutes. Drain noodles in a colander and set aside.
- Whisk together fish sauce, honey, soy sauce, lime juice, rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce, ketchup, chili oil, sesame oil, and garlic in a bowl.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and scramble eggs. Remove and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir shrimp until pink but not opaque, 3 to 4 minutes (they will finish cooking when returned to the skillet). Season shrimp with salt and ground black pepper and set aside.
- Cook and stir onions and celery in the skillet just until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Stir cabbage and drained rice noodles into the skillet and continue cooking until cabbage is tender, about 2 minutes. Pour in chicken stock as needed to keep noodles from getting dry.
- Stir scrambled eggs, shrimp, salt, and ground black pepper into noodle mixture and gently toss to coat.
- Pour sauce over the noodles and toss gently to combine. Continue cooking until shrimp are fully cooked, 2 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss cilantro, peanuts, and red chiles into noodles.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 493 cal
- 19.2 g
- 55.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"Based on the reviews, I thought this was going to be great, but I was disappointed. I followed the recipe exactly, but the noodles seemed to suck up all the sauce and the dish was dry. Also we thoug..." See moreht the fish sauce taste was much too strong. Sorry, but I won't be making this again."
"This recipe is AMAZING! I just made it Sunday and I already want to make it again. It's Wednesday...." See more"
Pad Kee Mow (Drunkard's Noodles)
Thai Pad Thai Noodles
Just swipe to see more like this.