Rustic Flatbread Pizza8 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“Applewood-smoked bacon, cremini mushrooms, asparagus, and Asiago cheese all come together on a thin, crunchy flatbread to create a hearty and delicious main. Preparation may take some time, but the finished product is well worth every second. Serve alongside a fresh green salad for nice balance.” - by smerki
Original recipe yields 1 12-inch pizza
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and stir in mushrooms and garlic; sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Cook and stir until the mushrooms have given off their juice and the juice has evaporated, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set mushroom mixture aside.
- Heat 1 more tablespoon olive oil in a separate large skillet over medium-high heat until very hot, and place asparagus into the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus pieces are very well browned (almost but not quite burned in spots), about 8 minutes. Remove asparagus from skillet and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, and cook bacon in the same skillet until crisp, about 10 minutes; stir often. Drain excess grease as the bacon cooks, for crisper pieces.
- Remove bacon pieces and place on a paper towel-lined plate; blot with paper towels to reduce grease.
- Place the flatbread crust onto the prepared baking sheet, and spread marinara sauce over the crust.
- Spread the mushrooms and garlic evenly over the pizza.
- Spread asparagus over the pizza.
- Arrange bacon pieces on the pizza.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese all over the pizza, followed by Asiago cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheeses are melted and bubbling, 12 to 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 332 cal
- 16.2 g
- 33.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"This was the AR Recipe Group Selection for the week of April 13, 2013. I made my own homemade crust and used four individual Calphalon mini pizza pans. I used the ingredients listed but altered the d..." See moreirections somewhat. I combined the steps of browning the mushrooms, garlic and asparagus for 8 minutes - removed from pan and set aside in a bowl and then fried the bacon in the same pan - why dirty another pan? All of the flavors blended well together and we especially enjoyed the appearance and crunchiness of the asparagus. This is a recipe in which the ingredients could be added or taken from to satisfy indiviudal taste. Thanks for sharing your recipe here on Allrecipes smerki!"
"Made this for Recipe Group...Delicious! I could only find individual flat breads at the store, so I just used those, which worked great! All of the flavors together were nice...a definite keeper~YUM! ..." See moreThanks for sharing. :)"
Husband-Friendly Chicken Pizza
Just swipe to see more like this.