Gouda and Broccoli Soup6 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“Rich, creamy, cheesy, yummy! Try using smoked Gouda for a variation in flavor.” - by MichelleA
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion in the melted butter until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over the onion; continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour chicken broth and milk into the pot; reduce heat to medium, and bring the mixture to a simmer. Stir shredded Gouda cheese into the liquid; cook and stir until the cheese melts completely.
- Place broccoli into a microwave-safe dish; cook in the microwave until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir broccoli into the soup.
- Season the soup with nutmeg, salt, and black pepper to serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 396 cal
- 26.8 g
- 21.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"This soup is excellent! I had some Gouda I needed to use and this popped up. I used a package of "steam in the bag" broccoli florets, cooked according to package directions, and added it at the end...." See more I finished the soup and then it was about an hour or so before we ate. Unfortunately, it had curdled somewhat by the time we ate which made for a funky texture. Next time I will know to serve immediately. I did use fresh grated nutmeg!"
"Yum! Added a little more cheese (used the smoked gouda!) and more broccoli. Also added cooked chicken sausage, as the soup was the main course. Will definitely make again, and try with the nutmeg n..." See moreext time!"
Erin's Cheesy Broccoli Soup
Easiest Broccoli Soup EVER
Just swipe to see more like this.