Easy Chicken Gyro18 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“Greek-inspired Mediterranean chicken gyro.” - by KarenCanCook
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place Greek yogurt, cucumber, dill weed, 2 cloves garlic, white vinegar, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and black pepper in a blender. Blend until smooth; set aside.
- Whisk together 4 cloves minced garlic, juice of 1 lemon, red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and oregano in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Stir in chicken strips and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Place chicken on a large baking sheet.
- Broil the chicken in the preheated oven until lightly browned and no longer pink in the center, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a plate and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; place each pita bread into the skillet until warm and soft, about 2 minutes per pita.
- Serve warmed pita bread topped with chicken strips, yogurt sauce, tomatoes, onion, and lettuce.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 441 cal
- 18.3 g
- 39.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"Made this using the listed ingredients. I used whole wheat pita bread rounds. Grilled the chicken versus broiling in the oven. I cut the grilled chicken strips into smaller portions and sprinkled th..." See moreem with Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning. Good easy recipe on a hot summer day! This recipe was faceless and was the Recipe Group selection for week 7/7/12. Thanks KarenCanCook for sharing your recipe! I'll definitely make it again as we really liked the Tzatziki sauce!"
"Made this for Recipe Group...We LOVED this! I was too lazy to drag out the blender, lol, so (earlier in the day) I grated the cucumber and squeezed it dry, then just mixed it in a bowl w/ the rest of ..." See morethe ingredients and refrigerated it to allow the flavors to blend. I marinated my chicken for about 4 hours, only using about 2 tsps. of the oregano b/c I didn't want it to be too overpowering, and that was perfect for us. I cooked the chicken in a pan w/ evoo on the stove instead of broiling it and that worked great. Hubby made several comments on how good these were (and I agree), so that makes this a keeper for us~YUM! Thanks for sharing. :)"
"For the Recipe Group: These were so easy and delicious! I prepared as written, but had hubs grill the chicken since it was a gorgeous night. Loved the sauce, heaped it on with lots of fresh veggies..." See more. This is a great weeknight dinner. I'll be making these again. Sincere thanks for sharing your recipe with AR."
Chicken Souvlaki Gyro Style
Easy Chicken Breast
Just swipe to see more like this.