Pumpkin Lobster Mac and Cheese2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“One Halloween I decided to try out a macaroni and cheese recipe using pumpkin, and it turned out to be a huge hit. The combination of the cheeses and the pumpkin made it so very rich and creamy. The next time I decided to make this dish I added some cooked lobster I had left over, and from there I just fell in love. I have had lobster macaroni and cheese dishes before, but never anything like this. All of this may sound strange and unusual but once you try this dish you will never get it out of your head. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with fresh bread or dinner rolls.” - by ScottySauce
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil. Cook pasta shells at a boil until tender but still slightly firm, about 10 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Melt 2 tablespoons margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir shallot in melted margarine until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk flour into margarine and shallots to form a smooth paste.
- Slowly whisk evaporated milk into flour mixture until it forms a smooth sauce; simmer until thickened, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk shredded Cheddar cheese and mascarpone cheese into sauce until cheeses have melted, about 5 minutes.
- Stir pumpkin puree, lemon zest, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, nutmeg, and hot sauce into the sauce until combined.
- Lightly mix in lobster tail meat, green peas, and cooked pasta shells until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Pour pasta mixture into prepared casserole dish; top with panko crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of melted margarine over the casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until topping is brown and crisp, 40 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 427 cal
- 23.6 g
- 33.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I used imitation lobster meat and fat free evaporated milk to keep the calorie count down on the recipe. We liked this, but there isn't enough "cheese sauce" that we like. Next time I would double the..." See more amount of sauce and decrease the baking time. Overall everyone liked it."
Old School Mac n' Cheese
Smoky Chipotle Mac and Cheese
Just swipe to see more like this.