Chicken Asparagus Casserole2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“I made this one night intending to make a broccoli and chicken casserole and then realized Boyfriend forget to buy broccoli. It turned out wonderfully, though. Enjoy!” - by MUSHY1127
Original recipe yields 1 8x8-inch casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil. Stir in egg noodles and return to a boil. Cook the noodles uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but still slightly firm, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with salt and seasoned salt.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook chicken breast halves in the hot oil until browned and no longer pink in the middle, 5 to 8 minutes per side. Set chicken breasts aside.
- Mix cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soups, Cheddar cheese, mushrooms, and garlic in a large bowl.
- Spread noodles in an even layer into the bottom of an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Arrange asparagus spears in a layer over the noodles.
- Dice chicken breasts and spread over the asparagus spears.
- Pour soup mixture over the asparagus.
- Sprinkle cracker crumbs evenly over the casserole; drizzle melted butter over the crumbs.
- Cover the dish and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cover and bake until the casserole is bubbling and the crumbs are browned, about 15 more minutes. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 504 cal
- 26.9 g
- 41 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"My husband generally cringes at casseroles and absolutely loved this recipe. Instead of canned cream of chicken soup, I made homemade...and added some celery salt. I sauteed the chicken in minced ga..." See morerlic and used fresh cooked asparagus instead of canned. I also doubled the amount of cream soup as not to have it dry out. Delicious!!"
Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
Fresh Asparagus and Chicken Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.