Boiled & Baked Ribs10 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 2 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr 10 min
“These aren't meant to replace, or even compete with, a traditionally barbecued version. This is simply a fast and tasty alternative method for having a nice stack of ribs appear on your snack table.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Mix together water, garlic, onion, bay leaves, red chili flakes, Chinese five-spice, salt, and rice vinegar in a large pot. Bring to a boil, turn to low, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Place ribs in the simmering broth. Return to a simmer, turn heat to low, and cook for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat, or coat with cooking spray.
- Whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, sambal oelek chili paste, Dijon mustard, ketchup, honey, brown sugar, and Chinese five-spice powder in a large bowl.
- Remove the ribs from the broth and transfer them to the bowl with the soy sauce glaze. Toss to coat.
- Transfer glazed ribs to the prepared baking sheet. Reserve extra glaze for brushing.
- Bake ribs in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Turn the ribs and brush with more glaze. Cook 15-20 more minutes, brushing occasionally with remaining glaze if desired. Remove and serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 466 cal
- 30.6 g
- 24.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"excellent ribs..possibly the best I've ever made. The only changes I made was that I didn't add in the pepper flakes in the brine and the chili paste for the glaze since I was afraid it might have bee..." See moren too spicy for my little ones to eat. Thanks so much for the recipe!"
"We were very impressed with the flavor and tenderness of this dish. I did make a couple of changes, as some ingredients are not available here in the heartland of Mexico. I used Thai garlic chili sa..." See moreuce for the hot sauce and white wine vinegar instead of rice wine. Also accidentally forgot the honey, but it was a perfect mix of sweet and acid for our taste. I will definitely make again and will use the glaze for other meats as well."
Oven Baked BBQ Ribs
Vegan Baked Oatmeal Patties
Just swipe to see more like this.