Chele's Halibut14 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“I credit this recipe to a deceased friend who had a knack for creating great meals. This is my favorite way to eat halibut and great dish to serve with crusty bread and salad for a company-ready meal.” - by Barbie
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease the inside of a 9x13-inch baking dish with butter.
- Place halibut in the prepared baking dish.
- Mix sour cream, green onions, butter, salt, white pepper, and dill in a bowl.
- Spread sour cream mixture over halibut.
- Bake halibut in preheated oven until fish flakes easily with a fork, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove halibut from the oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place oven rack about 6 inches from broiler heat source and turn on oven's broiler.
- Place under preheated broiler and broil until cheese is lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 461 cal
- 24 g
- 3.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"The green onions and parmesan definitely gave this halibut a very nice pleasing flavor but there really was no point to adding the dried dill. Dill has little or no flavor after being cooked for that ..." See morelong a period of time and especially so when using dried dill. I suggest using two or three pinches of chopped fresh dill weed instead. Also, a word of caution about placing a baking dish under a broiler and especially if it's Pyrex brand because they often cannot withstand that high of heat and will shatter even if it had already been at oven temperatures. I learned that first hand and felt like a fool when reading the bottom of my other Pyrex baking dish afterwards; "No Stove Top - No Broiler". It took not only losing a baking dish but also all the yummy food that was in it :-( ********** I am adding an answer to RckyMtnGirl's question of how someone could have originally rated this recipe on March 3rd but she didn't see the recipe posted until March 6th. Well, it was originally posted early Saturday morning of the 3rd and I tried it that afternoon ;-)"
"Okay so Halibut is hard to find right now so I subbed cod. Also after reading the reminder that Pyrex should not be broiled I decided to just add the parm right into the sauce and not broil it at all...." See more I also added more dill. It was amazing. So good that I am making it again tonight and will add afew scallops to try. Thank you for sharing your friend's recipe. I am sorry for your loss and will always make this in her honor. Here's to Chele!"
Fiesta Lime Parmesan Halibut
Just swipe to see more like this.