Pork Steak and Candied Yam Bake2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“Great way to use canned yams/sweet potatoes throughout the year. My husband raves about this recipe every time I prepare it!” - by WhizBang
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Season pork chops with salt and black pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook pork chops until browned on both sides, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain pork chops on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Heat brown sugar, butter, apricot preserves, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, vanilla extract, and pecans in a saucepan over medium-low heat until sugar has dissolved and sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. If sauce because too thick, stir in reserved yam liquid.
- Stir in yams until well coated.
- Transfer pork chops to the prepared baking dish.
- Spoon yam mixture on top of the pork chops.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pork chops no longer pink in the center, 30 to 45 minutes. Allow pork chops to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 694 cal
- 34.9 g
- 78.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
Iowa Pork Steak
Baked Pork Chops II
Just swipe to see more like this.