Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken19 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 25 min
“This a really easy recipe that the whole family will enjoy! Serve over rice.” - by wmbloomer
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine flour, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a shallow dish.
- Roll and coat chicken cubes in flour mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir chicken in hot oil until not longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 8 to 10 minutes; remove and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in the same skillet over medium heat.
- Cook and stir celery, green peppers, and onion in heated oil until slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to the skillet.
- Whisk ketchup, lemon juice, pineapple, and brown sugar in a bowl; pour into the skillet; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir chicken and vegetables in sauce until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 421 cal
- 13.6 g
- 49.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (19)Rate This Recipe
"Easy to make and tastes WONDERFUL. I made a few changes, only out of necessity. With changes or not, your family will love this dish. I used fresh pineapple instead of canned crushed. I added some..." See more water with a bit extra sugar since I didn't have the syrup from the canned pineapple. Also, I cut the pineapple into chunks. I prefer chunky pineapple in my sauce. Of course, I couldn't whisk the mixture, but stirring worked fine too. I had planned to take a photo to post, but my family devoured it before I could. Also, I didn't dice the green pepper. I cut it (and the celery) into julienne strips. The times are pretty much right on target. You can make this dinner in under 30 minutes and your family will think you worked really hard!!"
"This was spectacular! I used a red onion and instead of lemon juice I used apple cider vinegar...a little less than half a cup. I used red peppers instead of green peppers and we loved this! I serv..." See moreed it with Jasmine rice."
"I'm the first to comment on this dish and i must say it is to die for! All that i expected and more. All the flavors just pop out at you and its just so flavorful. The only thing i added to it that th..." See moree recipe didn't have was some sesame seeds and i only used 1 bell pepper."
Sweet and Sour Chicken Tenders
Chicken With Sweet and Sour Fig Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.