Sarah's Easy Shredded Chicken Taco Filling14 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“I put this together one day, wanting tacos, but I did not want ground beef. It is fast to make, as no slow cooker is needed. Serve warmed as a substitute for ground beef in tacos, and serve in a taco shell, with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, or other favorite toppings.” - by Blender Woman
Original recipe yields 3 servings
- Place chicken breasts into a saucepan and pour in enough water to cover. Place over medium heat, bring to a boil, and simmer until chicken meat is no longer pink, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a bowl, allow to cool, and shred the chicken meat with 2 forks.
- Heat vegetable oil in a small non-stick saucepan over medium heat, and cook and stir onion until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix in the shredded chicken, cumin, chili powder, and tomato sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is hot and the flavors have blended, about 3 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (3 total)
- 188 cal
- 6.3 g
- 1.7 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"I doubled this recipe. I had half of an onion to use, I just chopped it up and threw that in instead of measuring out two tablespoons. I also added four cloves of fresh minced garlic and was a little ..." See moremore liberal with the spices as well. Everyone who ate the meat (I did not have any and neither did my Aunt who does not eat meat) said that it was very good. Out of a doubled recipe, there's enough for one big lunch for my husband."
"This is an easy recipe to put together, I used soft and hard tacos. I thought it needed more seasoning. I added garlic powder and 1tblsp. of chile powder, This is probably a preference thing, because ..." See moreI love extra spicy. Loved the idea of using chicken. Thay were very good and I will make these often. You have to give them a try!Thaks for this recipe, Baker Bee, Good one."
"Definitely easy and not to mention very tasty! I love beef tacos, but chicken is a great alternative. Plus this recipe is perfect for times when you want something simple and quick to put together. ..." See moreI cooked my onion in olive oil vs. vegetable oil and since I had "Seasoning for Tacos" from this site already made I used a little of that for seasoning. Delicious in warm soft or hard shell tacos with all the fixin's - shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, hot sauce and sour cream. Thanks for a great recipe Baker Bee!"
Easy Parmesan Crusted Chicken
A Good Easy Garlic Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.