Make-Ahead Sour Cream Coffee Cake31 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 8 hr 50 min
“Easy to put together the night before, then pop in the oven in the morning for a hot, delicious coffee cake.” - by It's A New Day
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch coffee cake
- Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and white sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat eggs and sour cream into butter mixture until smooth.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl until thoroughly combined; stir into the sour cream mixture to make a batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Mix the brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon in a bowl; sprinkle the mixture over the batter.
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and chill 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove plastic wrap from the dish; bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the coffee cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (15 total)
- 304 cal
- 15.9 g
- 38.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (31)Rate This Recipe
"I am thrilled to be the first one to review and photograph this wonderful recipe. What a treat it was to wake up, turn on the oven, pop in this coffee cake, and then have a house smelling like cinnam..." See moreon. This is very easy to mix together the night before, and you won't be disappointed that you took the time to do it. This cake rose beautifully, the texture was very light and moist, and the taste was crazy good. The next time that I make this, I'm going to add some chopped apples just for a variation. Maridele, thanks for introducing me to your fabulous coffee cake recipe; going into my Favorites folder."
"I made half of this recipe in an 8” springform pan. The only changes I made were to omit the nutmeg as I’m not a fan, added 1/2 t. vanilla, and I increased the pecans to around 1/3 cup for my half re..." See morecipe. Other than that I followed the recipe as written. I love the fact that you can make this ahead. Maridele, this is a wonderful coffee cake. We really enjoyed it and I’ll definitely be making it again. Thank you!"
"Great recipe - delicious, light and moist. I prepared in a 9 x 13 glass dish and placed in refrigerator last night, this morning I removed and allowed to warm on the counter before placing in oven. ..." See moreI added 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Next time I make it, I will add 1 teaspoon of salt because I used unsalted butter. Thanks for sharing Maridele - it is a keeper and we enjoyed it!"
Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.