Low 'N Slow Mushroom Barley Soup9 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“This soup hits the spot all year 'round! Serve with soft warm rolls, and your family will be cheering!” - by TudorPrincess
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Combine pearl barley and boiling water in a bowl; set aside to soak for 10 minutes.
- Heat canola oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, celery, and carrot in hot oil until softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir mushrooms into the onion mixture; cook and stir until softened and brown, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the barley, discarding any remaining water from soaking. Stir the barley into the mushroom mixture.
- Stir the garlic and tomato paste into the mixture, stir until combined, then pour the beef stock into the sauce pan. Season with the oregano, salt, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring the soup to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook at a simmer for 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 163 cal
- 6.2 g
- 19.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"Very good! Multiple flavors that make it very interesting. I had portabello mushrooms so I cut them up and used them instead, very "meaty" tasting without the meat!..." See more"
"Awesome soup. Very flavorful and nutritious. I added a couple of bay leaves for the 1 hour simmer. Next time I make this I will add a tablespoon or two of flour before I add the broth just to see h..." See moreow that turns out. nice recipe, thanks for sharing."
Very Easy Mushroom Barley Soup
Mushroom Barley Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.