Tofu Pad Thai1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“A wonderful, lightly stir-fried pad Thai. After many revisions, this is what I finally came up with! Can be made will chicken, pork, beef, or shrimp. Enjoy!” - by DEB1216
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Soak rice noodles in a bowl with enough hot water to cover until slightly softened, about 15 minutes; drain.
- Whisk vinegar, fish sauce, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, and tamarind paste in a bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Mix paprika and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir eggs in the hot oil until lightly cooked. Transfer eggs to a bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir green onions and garlic together quickly, about 10 seconds.
- Stir tofu and paprika mixture into green onion mixture; toss to combine.
- Toss noodles with tofu mixture until mixed; pour vinegar mixture over noodles and toss to coat.
- Fold eggs and bean sprouts into noodles; cook and stir until sauce is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with crushed peanuts.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 527 cal
- 21.9 g
- 68.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Sorry to say that I did not like this at all. In retrospect, I would omit the soy sauce, use less fish sauce, more tamarind, no paprika, pepper flakes instead of the cayenne pepper, and balance the wh..." See moreole thing with some tomato paste - all of which makes it an entirely different dish though. Will not be making this again."
Thai Ginger Chicken (Gai Pad King)
Thai Pad Thai Noodles
Just swipe to see more like this.