Pan-Roasted Halibut with Morel Confiture, Sweet Pea Risotto and Morel Tea0 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 15 min
“This is the dish for those special occasions when you want to showcase your elegant entertaining style. It takes two hours from start to finish, but the recipe is easy to follow and the results are outstanding.” - by Campbell's Kitchen
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat 1 cup vegetable broth in a 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Add half the dried mushrooms. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let stand for 15 minutes or until the mushrooms are rehydrated. Drain and coarsely chop the mushrooms.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add half the onion and cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in the rehydrated mushrooms, vinegar, sugar and honey and heat to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes or until the liquid is evaporated. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let cool to room temperature. Season with the black pepper. Set the morel confiture aside.
- Heat the remaining vegetable broth in a 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Add the remaining dried mushrooms, the thyme sprig and garlic. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Strain the morel tea through a double layer of cheesecloth or thick paper towels into a medium bowl. Discard the solids. Set the morel tea aside.
- Stir the flour and 1/4 cup cheese on a plate. Coat the fish with the flour mixture.
- Heat 4 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook for 15 minutes or until it's golden brown on both sides and flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove the fish from the skillet and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the remaining onion and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice to the saucepan and cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup chicken broth and cook and stir until it's absorbed. Add the remaining chicken broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until the broth is absorbed before adding more. Stir in the peas, fresh mushrooms, butter, remaining cheese and chives in with the last broth addition.
- Place about 1/2 cup risotto into each of 4 shallow bowls. Top each with 1 piece fish, about 1 tablespoon morel confiture and about1/3 cup morel tea.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 749 cal
- 39.2 g
- 52.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Garlic Chicken, Vegetable and Rice Skillet
Picante Pork Stew
Just swipe to see more like this.