Holiday Brisket with Savory Onion Jus0 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 3 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 40 min
“Flavorful brisket, butternut squash and onions slowly simmer in a sweet and savory sauce until the meat is fork-tender and delicious.” - by Campbell's Kitchen
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat the oil in an 8-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add onions and squash and cook over medium heat until they're tender-crisp. Remove the vegetables from the saucepot.
- Season the beef as desired. Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the beef to the saucepot and cook until it's well browned on all sides. Remove the beef from the saucepot. Pour off any fat.
- Add the broth, orange juice, wine, brown sugar and tomatoes to the saucepot and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Return the beef to the saucepot. Cover and cook for 2 hours.
- Return the vegetables to the saucepot. Cover and cook for 1 hour or until the beef is fork-tender.
- Remove the beef to a cutting board. Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve the beef with the vegetables and sauce.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 439 cal
- 18.2 g
- 45.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Pork Chops and Mustard Onion Gravy
French Onion Turkey Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.