Jalapeno Poppers in a Blanket4 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“What makes these poppers better than what you'd get in a restaurant? Well, they're baked, not fried, and the filling includes all the usual ingredients . . . plus bacon. Seems everything's better with a little bacon.” - by Campbell's Kitchen
Original recipe yields 24 poppers
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
- Sprinkle the work surface with the flour. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 9x12-inch rectangle. Cut the rectangle into 12 (3-inch) squares. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet, making 24 squares in all.
- Stir the cream cheese, shredded cheese, garlic and bacon in a medium bowl. Spoon about 2 teaspoons cheese mixture into each pepper half.
- Place 1 filled pepper half diagonally, cheese-side down,onto each pastry square. Fold the pastry up over the pepper and press firmly to seal. Brush the filled pastries with the egg mixture. Sprinkle with additional shredded cheese, if desired. Place the pastries onto 2 baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheets on wire racks for 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 136 cal
- 8.9 g
- 9.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Great alternative to the messy bacon wrap that does not always cook to ones' liking. Everyone loved these. Not a single one left on the plate. Made just as the recipe states...." See more"
Spinach Pastry Diamonds
Philly Cheesesteak Rolls
Just swipe to see more like this.