Shrimp Scampi with Garlic Bread4 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“This scampi is just as good as you'll find in a restaurant. The shrimp are flavored with a lemon-garlic marinade and served with slices of crusty garlic bread for mopping up the sauce.” - by Campbell's Kitchen
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Stir the lemon zest, 3 tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon oregano, 2 teaspoons garlic and the black pepper in a shallow nonmetallic dish or a gallon size resealable plastic bag. Add the shrimp and turn to coat. Cover the dish or seal the bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in an 8-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining garlic and cook and stir until tender. Stir in the lemon juice and remaining oregano. Remove the skillet from the heat. Add the butter and stir until the butter is melted. Keep warm.
- Prepare the bread according to the package directions. Cut each bread half diagonally into6 (1/2-inch thick) slices.
- Heat the broiler. Place the bread slices onto a baking sheet. Broil 7 inches from the heat for 2 minutes or until the bread is toasted on both sides.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and discard the marinade. Heat the broiler. Place the shrimp on a rack in a broiler pan. Broil the shrimp 6 inches from the heat for 5 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through,turning the shrimp over once halfway through broiling.
- Place the shrimp onto a serving platter. Drizzle with the butter mixture. Serve with the bread. Garnish with the oregano sprigs.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 699 cal
- 39.8 g
- 45 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Wow! Made this for dinner tonight. Absolutely deliciious. Added a few bread crumbs on top and broiled until browned...." See more"
"I had some cooked jumbo shrimp that I had to use up and this worked out perfect. I actually marinated them in the frig overnight. I also sprinkled them with some fresh bread crumbs and freshly grate..." See mored parm before putting in the oven. Instead of the bread, I served over rice pilaf with some fresh tomato chopped in it. Yummy."
Fabulous Fast Shrimp
Just swipe to see more like this.